Coronavirus/COVID-19 Notice – Updated – 2020-19-08
The Layt Clinic aims to work with advice provided by the Department of Health and the World Health Organisation in managing the risks associated with the current international Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) incident.
We look forward to working cooperatively and proactively with our patients to minimise any risks associated with this current situation.
We do however ask that you reschedule any treatments and appointments and refrain from visiting the Clinic until safe to do so if:
- You have any symptoms of fever, shortness of breath, cough, or sore throat
- You have travelled in the past 14 days
- You have been in direct contact with a known or suspected case of COVID-19 in the past 14 days
- You have visited hotspots within the past 14 days or otherwise possibly exposed
Our plastic surgeons are offering VIRTUAL CONSULTATIONS for all treatments available at The Layt Clinic. In these challenging times, a “digital” appointment can serve as a worthy substitute for in-person consultations in order to maximise our social distancing compliance while still providing you the opportunity to meet with our plastic surgeon and talk about your aesthetic concerns and treatments you may be considering. During your virtual consultation, we can even start the process of designing your customised treatment plan. Please take a look at our Virtual Consultation page for step-by-step instructions on how to conveniently access this convenient tool of communication.
How can you help prevent the spread of coronavirus?
Practising good hygiene is the best defense against most viruses, so please be sure to:
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water for a minimum of 60 seconds. Ensure vigorous scrubbing on the front and back of hands, wrists, and between fingers.
- Cover your cough and sneeze with a shoulder or elbow as opposed to hands, dispose of tissues, and use alcohol-based hand sanitiser.
- Aim to stay at least 1.5 metres away from others and avoid physical contact with others, particularly elderly and medically vulnerable patients.
- Avoid unnecessary contact with others.
- Clean and disinfect surfaces.
- Drink a lot of water; gargle with warm water and salt.
- If unwell, avoid contact with others and self-isolate.
If you are experiencing:
- Sore throat
- Shortness of breath
- Aches and pains
Please contact your GP for advice before attending The Layt Clinic; where possible contact your GP via phone in the first instance. You may be required to attend a specific testing centre and to avoid contact with others.
If you have serious symptoms such as difficulty breathing, call 000 for urgent medical help.
We have hand sanitizer available at the entry into the Clinic and we ask that you use this before entering, we also have hand sanitizer available throughout the Clinic and we encourage you to use this. We insist all patients follow these procedures and protocols and reserve the right to ask you to leave the Clinic if we believe it is in the best interests of our patients and staff.
Please contact us with any questions you may have, and stay healthy!
Editor’s note: This is an updated version of the original blog post that was published on 17/03/2020.