Plastic, Cosmetic and Reconstructive Surgeon
Dr Craig Layt, Specialist Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeon, MED: 0001189663 is a member of the Australian Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS). ASPS members hold a specialist qualification from the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons (RACS) which is the only College for specialist surgical training accredited by both Australian and New Zealand Governments through the Australian Medical Council (AMC) and New Zealand Medical Council (NZMC), respectively. Members of ASPS have undertaken a minimum of 12 years medical and surgical education, including at least five years of specialist postgraduate training, and are Fellows of the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons (FRACS). Dr Layt completed a Post Fellowship, Fellowship with Dr Paul Downie in Cosmetic Surgery in 2000 and 2001.
Education and Training
Dr Layt graduated from the University of Queensland Medical School in 1988. Following graduation, he undertook ten years of resident and general surgery training at the Princess Alexandra, Mater, and Greenslopes Hospitals in Brisbane, and the General Hospital in Townsville.
Dr Layt trained in Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery in Brisbane, Queensland at the Royal Brisbane Hospital, Princess Alexandra and Mater Hospitals. Dr Layt furthered his medical expertise in Melbourne, Victoria working alongside a number of leading Fellow Plastic Surgeons in Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery at the Royal Melbourne Hospital, Royal Children’s Hospital, Austin and Repatriation Medical Centre, and St. Vincent’s Hospital. In 2001 Dr Layt commenced in private practice utilising his training as a plastic surgeon, bringing his expertise to the Gold Coast and Northern Rivers. In addition to his private practice, Dr Layt is involved in the training and up-skilling of younger Plastic Surgeons.
Dr Layt was elected as President of the Australasian Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons from 2010 until July 2012. During his two year role as President, he was required to actively take part in and organize post graduate education for Plastic Surgeons in the field of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery. Dr Layt is proud to continue his involvement in training our future surgeons through the education of medical students and doctors training in the specialty of plastic surgery and has been invited to deliver lectures internationally on Breast Surgery.
Dr Layt is highly credentialed in all areas of Plastic, Cosmetic, and Reconstructive Surgery, as well as a variety of non-surgical cosmetic enhancements. He is dedicated to a high standard of patient care and the achievement of excellent results. He insists that each patient fully understand the benefits, risks, and limitations of the procedure they have selected before undergoing surgery, in order to maximise patient satisfaction. Dr Layt is experienced with a comprehensive range of procedures, including breast augmentation, abdominoplasty, and numerous other cosmetic treatments for the face and body.
Professional Memberships and Affiliations
Dr Craig Layt, Specialist Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeon MED 0001189663 is actively involved in the training and education of plastic surgeons for aesthetic and cosmetic plastic surgery, and is a member of:
- Royal Australasian College of Surgeons
- Australian Medical Association
- Australian Society of Plastic Surgeons
- Australasian Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons (past President)
- Plastic and Reconstructive Society of Queensland
- International Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery
- The American Society of Plastic Surgeons
- The American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery
- ASAPS, Brisbane, October 2019
- Presenter: ‘The Consultation Process/Patient Flow- How Do I Do It?’
- Presenter: ‘Preoperative assessment – Which implant for which patient?’
- Presenter: ‘Mark-up and technique for Primary Augmentation.’
- Presenter: ‘Postoperative care and management of complications.’
- Presenter: ‘Inferior Malposition – Causes and Management’
- Presenter: ‘Augmentation Mastopexy – planning and performance for Predictability’
- Beauty through Science by Akademikliniken, Stockholm, June 2019
- Presenter: ‘How do I select implants and perform my preoperative markings in mastopexy augmentation?’, ‘A talk about management of complications’ and ‘Why round implants?’
- Panelist: ‘Oversized Implants -removal’, ‘Tuberous breast’, ‘Animation deformity’, ‘Ptosis -rejects mastopexy’, ‘Ptosis – accepts mastopexy’ and ‘Pronounced Asymmetry’.
- ASAPS, USA New Orleans, May 2019
- Panelist: ‘Optimising Shape in Augmentation-Mastopexy’,
- Mentor Global Conference, America March, 2019
- Advisory Committee: Scientific Advisory Board Meeting
- Plastic Surgery for Day Surgery, Gold Coast, November 2018
- Breast Masters Symposium, Sydney, October 2018
- Presenter: ‘Role of the nipple in planning Breast Surgery’ and ‘One Stage Augmentation Mastopexy: Protecting The T-Junction’,
- Moderator: ‘Primary Augmentation- Pocket and Implant’ and ‘Challenging the Myths: What can the Pocket do? Texturing, Gel Viscosity and Shape – What does it matter? Soft vs Firm, Smooth vs Textured, Round vs Shaped’
- ASAPS &NZAPS, Auckland, August 2018
- ASAPS (AUS) NSS, Gold Coast, June 2018
- ASAPS (AUS) Anatomical Dissection, Brisbane, June 2018
- ASAPS (US) San Diego, USA, April/May 2018
- 22nd Advanced Aesthetic Plastic Surgery Workshop, Melbourne, February 2018
- NSS, Gold Coast, June 2017
- PSC, Gold Coast, May 2017
- AMAC, Sydney, 2017
- Allergan Training Academy, Gold Coast, 2017
- 21st Advanced Aesthetic Plastic Surgery Workshop, Gold Coast, February 2017
- Pindara GP Education Seminar, Gold Coast, October 2016
To learn more about plastic surgeon Dr. Craig Layt, contact our Gold Coast office in Queensland.