DR CRAIG LAYT’S PERSONAL INFORMATION MANAGEMENT POLICY INFORMATION FOR CONSUMERS AS AT FEBRUARY 2011
Dr Layt’s Practice respects and upholds your rights to privacy protection under the National Privacy Principles contained in the Privacy Amendment (Private Sector) Act 2000. The National Privacy Principles apply to Dr Craig Layt’s Practice from their introduction on 21st December 2001.
This policy describes how we manage any personal information we have about you.
WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION ABOUT ME DOES DR LAYT’S PRACTICE HOLD
The Practice may hold the following information about you:
- Name, address, telephone number (s)
- Date of Birth
- Health Information
- General Practitioner
- Referring Doctor
- Veterans Affairs Association
- Details associated with services we have provided to you
- Any additional information provided to us by you or referring agencies
- Any information you provided to us through client/consumer surveys
- Clinical photographs or pre and post-operative procedures
Dr Craig Layt’s Practice will destroy or de-identify personal information due to redundancy after its legal obligations to retain the information have expired.
WHAT DOES DR LAYT’S PRACTICE DO WITH MY PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We use personal information about you:
- To provide services and care for you
- To assist staff in providing services and care to you
- To assist with any calls you make to us
- For our internal administrative requirements.
- To provide information to Hospital Services and Health Workers who provide necessary follow-up treatment and ongoing services
- For benchmarking reporting in a de-identified form
- To provide data in both an identified and de-identified form to Government agencies in compliance with numerous legislative requirements
- And with your consent:
- to communicate promotional offers and special events
- for direct mailing
- for service planning
- for research and development
Dr Layt’s Practice will not disclose personal information about individuals to any person except when:
- (a) You have consented to the disclosure < as per the Practice Consent Form
- (b) The secondary purpose is related to the primary purpose (for which the information was collected) and a person would reasonably expect such use or disclosure; or
- (c) The use is for direct mailing in specified circumstances: or
- (d) It is required by Commonwealth/State legislation or in circumstances related to public interest or public or individual health and safety.
Individuals may at any time opt out of receiving any communications from Dr Layt’s Practice other than as required for the operation of our services.
You are entitled to have access to and request the amendment of personal information that Dr Layt’s Practice has collected about you.
In this policy personal information and health information have the same meaning as under the Privacy Amendment (Private Sector) Act 2000. This document represents our policy as at 4th February 2002. We may change this policy from time to time. Although we intend to observe this policy at all times, it is not legally binding on Dr Layt’s Practice in any way.
If you have any questions about this policy please contact the Practice Manager/Privacy Contact Officer on (07) 5597 4100.